Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Night Ghost Stories Unveiled - Part 1




For my 100th post I am revealing some of the portraits of The Night Ghost Stories Series. What a cool coincidence. 

The best way to describe it, is as a very playful photographic experience. The photos are the result of a brainstorm of ideas blended together between the subject and myself. It's like a flashback in childhood when you are going back and forth creating the rules of a new game, and somehow it seems to bring out the inner artist from us. I find necessary this type of projects as a creative recovery exercise. Same as the last project I only use on camera techniques and no photoshop at all.

The complete series just came back from the Nexus exhibition in Canberra and will be showcased at my gallery (95 Sydney Rd, Manly, NSW 2095) for an undetermined period of time. This project is, by the way, still open for any volunteer from Manly and Norther Beaches, who wishes to participate.

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up" - Pablo Picasso

No comments: