Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Night Ghost Stories


(testing many different things for this new project)

First of all, I want to thank you all for the great response I received for The Camera Obscura Project. The interest and support from the community gave me the chance to meet amazing people and I had a great time photographing them. However the exhibition Confluencias at the MOF is over, so I brought those portraits to showcase them here, I hope you’ll enjoy them.
 
That being said, I’d like to invite you again to try a different type of photography. This new Project is called "Night Ghost Stories", and consists in a series of night portraits in which I’ll try to capture and show a personal side of you but in a different way. Mixing moon light and artificial light, this is pretty much the complete opposite technique to the one I used in the Camera Obscura. 
 
(planning to use some techniques I used in the past like flash and movement)

With this new project I continue my original idea of giving back to photography the importance of creativity and mysticism it deserves. Something systematically forgotten in the past few decades. Offering you at the same time a very unique portrait / experience... for free. And I promise you will value it more than any other (paid) one.
This portrait will take a bit of your time and mine. I need your help to bring some of that magic back, and show a different way to take pictures, in a time where everybody has access to a camera but chose to take the same type of photo all day, every day. 

So like last time, if you’re interested and want to pose for me, please don’t hesitate to give me a call, send me an email or text, or just come to see me at my gallery. And if you have friends that you think might be interested share it with them through Facebook or Tweeter, that makes a big difference.

Thanks

Mauricio

Phone: 0415639223 Email: info@mauriciodelarocha.com

No comments: